Friday, October 24, 2014

The pumpkin patch.

Out of my 24 years on this earth I have never been to a pumpkin patch. Now before you start saying how "my childhood was ruined" because of this (which it wasn't) let me explain. I grew up in New Mexico and there weren't really any pumpkin patches that my parents knew of. Besides, back then they weren't the crazy spectacles they are now. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, Brian and I wanted to take Chloe to one of the pumpkin patches here. One of the families from the fire department was going and asked if we wanted to meet up, so we did. It was out in Spearfish, which is about an hour away. We got loaded up in the car and headed out. It was such a pretty drive, I enjoyed looking at all the houses on the way. When we got to the patch we parked and got in line to get inside. When we got to the front they were charging $7.00 per person, I know I haven't had much experience with these things, but that seemed a bit excessive. After paying we went inside and looked around, there was one of those cut outs that you can put your face in. I tried getting Chloe to look up, but that didn't happen. 


They also had a couple animals you could kind of pet, but not really, a corn maze, and a couple other things for the kids. We decided to meet up with the family first then decide what to do. They were in the corn maze so while we waited we went over to the animals, I wanted to pet the goat they had. So naturally I make Chloe do it, but she wasn't super into it. After our rendezvous with the goat we met up with the family and decided to go into the maze! I wish I had gotten a picture of the map, it was literally like looking at hieroglyphics I had no idea where to start. Since I was carrying Chloe, Brian had the map. I felt confident we would do good, and we did until I handed Chloe to Brian and I took the map and we got to this circle part. We got so lost, not even the map could help us so we took some pictures and Brian had us look into the sun... it was awful!


Eventually we found the right path, Brian took the map from me and we did pretty good the rest of the time. I guess we got lost a second time, however Brian did good at not letting me know. We made it out of the maze and went to this big bucket of corn and Brian sat Chloe in it.


 




By this time she was starting to get a little fussy so we couldn't get any good pictures of her. We took her over to where the pumpkins were and they were all gross looking. We found one that looked half decent and tried to get some pictures of Chloe "sitting" on them, it didn't really work out. 




(the only half decent one)
We decided that now was a good time to leave so we said our good-byes and got on the road and went home. We ended up getting some pumpkins at Walmart for $3.88 and they're a good size! We had a lot of fun spending time together and cant wait to carve the pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment