Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Turtle's Tale

Tonight we went over to a friends house so Brian could help her out with a few things and so before we left we put Mila in a Styrofoam container because we just bought a picasimus for the turtle tank. I put several things around the sides of the container so she wouldn't knock it over, we put some water in with her and we thought that would be good enough so we left. 

We spent like 3 hours over there hanging out and enjoying each others company, I told her about where we put the turtle and she was like "what if it eats through the Styrofoam " The thought never crossed my mind so all the way home i was freaking out. When we got home I went into the kitchen and saw that the container was fine and then I looked in it and this is what I saw


The turtle was gone! I didn't know what to do, it was as if she had vanished. Now I'm freaking out yelling for Brian and so the search started, we looked everywhere and I finally came to the conclusion that someone broke in and stole her. There was no way else the turtle could have gotten out, I had all these crazy scenarios going through my mind. I figured if she somehow escaped she would have fallen off of the counter and falling that far would brake her shell. 

I was so worried, we couldn't find her so I looked at Brian and told him we needed to pray because we literally looked everywhere and she was no where to be found. So we got down and I said a quick little prayer and sure enough not even five minutes later Brian was looked behind the couch when he pulled one of my sweatshirts out and there was the Mila, just chilling by the heater. I guess her water had gotten cold and so she went in search of warmth. She climbed out of her container, fell down the counter, and got past Rusty without getting injured! It was a miracle and I was so relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment